FAQs: Getting Started
HOW DO I USE PASSPORT/HOW DO I PAY WITH MY PHONE?
Download the PassportParking app from the App Store or Google Play. A web version is also available at m.ppprk.com. Please note: your wireless carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
WHAT DEVICES AND BROWSERS SUPPORT PASSPORT THE BEST?
We highly recommend using Apple or Android for downloading the application. When using mobile pay web, modern browsers such as Chrome, FireFox and Safari are the most compatible
WHY DOESN’T THE METER CHANGE/HOW DOES ENFORCEMENT KNOW I PAID?
- The meters don’t sync with our system, but the parking enforcers will see your mobile payment on their handheld device.
WHAT IS THE ZONE NUMBER/HOW DO I FIND IT?
- The zone number is required to start your parking session and identifies where you are parked. You can find the zone number located on signage on the lot or on decals on the meter.
WHERE IS THE MENU LOCATED?
- The menu button is the icon with the three white lines in the left-hand corner of the screen.
HOW DO I FUND A WALLET?
- To fund a wallet, you must initiate your first parking session. You will have the option to load the wallet during the payment selection step. Please note: wallet availability and offers vary based on location.
HOW DO I KNOW MY PARKING SESSION HAS STARTED?
- When using the application, you will know your parking session has successfully started once you see the countdown timer on the screen.
WHY WON’T THE APP LET ME EXTEND MY TIME?
- If you can’t extend your time it could be because you have already reached the maximum stay allowed set by the parking operator.
HOW DO I VIEW MY PARKING HISTORY/GET RECEIPTS?
- To view your parking history you can use the app or website. Click ‘Parker History’ in the side menu and you’ll be able to view previous parking sessions and access receipts. The app only shows recent history. For a full parking history, visit m.ppprk.com.
HOW DO I MANAGE ALERTS/REMINDERS?
- Login to your account and click ‘Options’. Use the checkboxes to enable/disable the reminders.
CAN I PARK MULTIPLE CARS?
- You can start additional parking sessions by clicking ‘New Session’ in the side menu.
HOW DO I ADD/DELETE A PAYMENT CARD?
- Login and select ‘Payment’ from the side menu. Select ‘Add Card. Enter your new card information and check the ‘Save payment info’ if you wish to save this card for future use. To delete a card, select ‘Payment’ from the side menu and choose the card you wish to remove, then ‘Delete Card’.
HOW DO I ADD ANOTHER LICENSE PLATE NUMBER TO MY ACCOUNT?
- Login and select ‘Vehicles’ from the side menu. The app will save recent license plate numbers you’ve used before too!
HOW DO I RESET MY PIN?
- To change your PIN you will login to the app or website and select the ‘Reset Pin’ button on the first page. It will then ask you for your current card information on your account for security reasons. If you don’t know your old card information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE RATES SHOWN IN THE APP DO NOT MATCH SIGNAGE AT MY PARKING LOCATION?
- Select ‘Send Bug Report’ report from the side menu with a description of the issue. We will research any discrepancies.
HOW DO I CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS ON MY ACCOUNT?
- To change your email address you can use the app or website. Login and select ‘Profile’ from the side menu and then update your email.
HOW DO I DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT?
- To deactivate your account you must go to m.ppprk.com. Login and select ‘Profile’ and then hit deactivate account.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A VERIFICATION CODE AND MY PIN NUMBER?
- The verification code is a 3 digit code that verifies you have entered in the correct cell phone number or email when signing up. The PIN number is a four digit number of your choice that you will login with.
CAN I MOVE SPACES WHILE I HAVE AN ACTIVE SESSION?
- You cannot change a space number once a session is started. If a session has been started in the incorrect space, please contact support. Questions regarding parking rules for a specific location should be directed to the local parking operator.
CAN I STOP MY PARKING SESSION?
- There’s no need to stop the parking session. It will end when the selected stay has ended.
WHAT IF I ENCOUNTER A TECHNICAL ISSUE?
You can send a bug report and our support team will get back to you promptly.
HOW TO FUND A WALLET?
To fund a wallet, you must initiate your first parking session. You’ll have the option to load the wallet during the payment selection step. Please note: wallet availability and offers vary based on location.
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A TEMPORARY LICENSE PLATE?
Please enter the temporary license plate number and state into the application.
CAN I USE PRE-TAX BENEFIT CARDS FROM MY EMPLOYER?
Yes. In addition to debit and credit cards, Passport Parking accepts the WageWorks® Commuter Card and the Commuter Check Prepaid Mastercard®. Whether you commute via train, rail, bus or park near your work – we make it easy for you to pay on the go using pre-tax dollars. Available in select locations.